May 24, 2007

Save money on carpet cleaning

A home-made carpet cleaning solution that will save you money with household ingredients (great for baby or pet messes):

1 tablespoon of laundry detergent (anyone will do)
2 tablespoons of vinegar
1 quart water.

Spray on stain.
Let sit (longer for tougher stains)
dab with a moist cloth.

Re: Save money on carpet cleaning
I recently had to get my carpets cleaned after looking after my sister's dog for a week. I had purchased many products from the supermarket to try remove the stains where the dog had some accidents. Nothing seemed to work, the products themeselves seemed to leave more stains and so gradually there was a big ring appearing in the carpet around where the original stain was.

When the carpet cleaning man was cleaning the carpet, he was amazed at how much soap foam was coming off the carpet from where I had cleaned. He said this was what was causing the bad staining (dry soap and detergent), he advised that in future I should only use water and that on wool carpets thats really all that should be needed.

No comments: