May 19, 2007

Save money

I keep a plastic jug on my bed, right next to the pillow, and I put all my change and small bills in it everynight. I just started about a week ago, and already have saved 45 dollars(US). I hope I can keep it up!
well, I’m working on it. I’m putting at least 100 bucks a month into my savings account and I put all of my change into my piggy bank. The piggy bank is actually so full right now that I can’t fit anymore change in it. Time to take it to the bank. Oh, and I have to find a way not to use my savings account money. I mean I only use it for emergencies, but still, I don’t seem to get ahead as much as I’d like to.


I have no idea where my money goes most of the time. So a reminder to myself in about 6 months will be to have at least 2 Grand to my name…IF that. My standards certainly aren’t high.


My husband and I are about to change careers and we need to save some serious money! There’s going to be a break where one of us may not bring in any money. We’re going to try and cut down on eating out so much and making the most out of leftovers and cooking more. I’m cleaning up the house this weekend and gathering up all the junk to sell during a garage sale. Since the kids are almost done with school this year, it’ll free up some money that we would spend on their hot lunches. I may open up a separate account along with the savings and checking and make it a “rainy day” fund, but don’t touch it at all. Nothing’s ever saved in the savings account! :)


i have recently put my mind into holiday action. no wait. its people visiting. they are very important ppl to me. its a neccessary trip.
NOW LETS HOPE LIKE A MF THAT I CAN GET MY MONEY TOGETHER TO DO THIS!!

I have just passed the half way mark for my saving goal
feels good :-)


Although I haven’t been saving as much as I should, for the past few months I’ve been doing automatic deduction into my savings account from my credit union. At first I felt the dent in my take-home pay, but now I just budget around it and I don’t even notice it. I am going to up my deduction as soon as I pay off my credit card…next week!!!!


Ok situation up to date. I had £5000 and spent it all on fixing my beloved car. It was supposed to be for a house deposit. So I have set up a new budget and started over. (New budget has seperate saving area for car repairs).

So far on the new budget I have saved £941 and I have been saving since february.

It will be interesting to see how long it will take to get the 5 grand saved up again.

I’ve been sticking 10% of every paycheck into my emergency fund and will keep doing this until I reach 5000 at least. Another 10% I spread out over sub-accounts for cat bills, car stuff, vacation, home repairs/improvement, home down payment savings and one for random stuff like when an appliance dies or a gift is needed.
This year I set up a retirement account and another 10% goes to that, above and beyond the state run pension plan.
So far, this system has enabled me to cover every emergency that has happened in almost a year, without having to touch any credit card. It’s nice to have this particular source of stress mitigated.


i really really need to make some serious savings! i have a few places of employment now, and its just basic cash in hand work so that means that i know exactly where my money is. but it makes it so much easier to spend it all! just as long as i can put more than half of the weeks earnings into my savings account, i should be ok. i have a few (expensive but neccesary) things to buy in the near future, as well as a few transport tickets, money to pay back to the parents, and of course money for the overseas job. gah so much money to save, and not enoguh coming my way!!

No comments: